$500 Daily Drawing Official Rules
Important: Please read these rules before entering this drawing (the "Drawing"). By participating in this Drawing, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS DRAWING.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS DRAWING IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ANY ONE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND TAXSLAYER, LLC. ("TaxSlayer"), RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. If you have an APO or FPO mailing address, you must identify your state of permanent residence. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by TaxSlayer in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of TaxSlayer and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Limit one entry per person. All of the Drawing information will be posted at the Drawing Site on the TaxSlayer Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/taxslayer throughout the Drawing Period.
2. Disclaimer. TaxSlayer, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Drawing disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of TaxSlayer or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Drawing.
3. Drawing Period. The Drawing starts at 12:01 am Eastern Standard Time on January 12, 2014, and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on January 31, 2014 (the "Drawing Period"). All entries must be received during the Drawing Period to be eligible to win a prize. TaxSlayer computer is the official time-keeping device for the Drawing.
4. Prizes. There will be a total of twenty winners, one for each day between January 12, 2014 and January 31, 2014. The total approximate retail value of the prizes drawing is $500 for each day during the Drawing Period.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of TaxSlayer. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or a prize is otherwise not claimed within five business days after delivery of notification, the applicable prize will be forfeited. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted, except that TaxSlayer reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per person or household. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied.
6. How to Enter. To enter, take all of the following steps by January 31, 2014: (i) Log into your TaxSlayer.com account using your prior year Username. Drawing is only for valid Usernames of TaxSlayer customers that efiled a 2012 tax return. (ii) Enter promo code FiveHundred14 into the promo code field in your account. For All Entries: Promo code only valid for one entry per intended postcard or email recipient. Entries received before a particular drawing will be eligible for the next drawing and all subsequent drawings. Only one valid prior year Username is valid. By entering the Drawing, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes unless you have otherwise opted out of receiving messages from TaxSlayer.
7. Selection and Notification of Winners. Twenty winners will be determined by random drawings of all eligible entries on the dates and for the prize set forth below:Date of Drawing Prize:
- January 12, 2014 $500
- January 13, 2014 $500
- January 14, 2014 $500
- January 15, 2014 $500
- January 16, 2014 $500
- January 17, 2014 $500
- January 18, 2014 $500
- January 19, 2014 $500
- January 20, 2014 $500
- January 21, 2014 $500
- January 22, 2014 $500
- January 23, 2014 $500
- January 24, 2014 $500
- January 25, 2014 $500
- January 26, 2014 $500
- January 27, 2014 $500
- January 28, 2014 $500
- January 29, 2014 $500
- January 30, 2014 $500
- January 31, 2014 $500
The drawings will be held at TaxSlayer Headquarters located at 3003 Allen Drive, Evans, GA. Winners will notified by e-mail or telephone on or shortly after the date of the drawing. To claim a prize, each winner must follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
8. Identity of Entrant. If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the TaxSlayer username submitted at the time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the TaxSlayer.com account username. The potential winner may be required to provide TaxSlayer with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the username associated with a winning entry.
9. No Facebook Endorsement. This Drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. You understand that by participating, you are providing your information to TaxSlayer, not to Facebook, Inc. You understand that by using and interacting with www.facebook.com, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.facebook.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.facebook.com, including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Facebook.
10. General Release. By entering the Drawing, you release TaxSlayer, Facebook, Inc., and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Drawing (including methods of entry) or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
11. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Drawing constitutes permission to use winner's name, hometown, and/or prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes TaxSlayer deems appropriate—including, without limitation, for promotional and publicity purposes—without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in TaxSlayer's sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming TaxSlayer’s right to use such winner's name, hometown, and/or prize information without further permission or compensation.
12. Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, a winner may (in TaxSlayer's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to TaxSlayer a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by TaxSlayer in its sole discretion.
13. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “TaxSlayer Five Hundred Daily Drawing 2014” to email@example.com after February 14, 2014 and before October 15, 2014. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send an email with subject line: “TaxSlayer Five Hundred Daily Drawing 2014” Official Rules Request" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Intellectual Property Notice. TaxSlayer is a trademark of TaxSlayer, LLC. The Drawing and all accompanying materials are copyright 2014 by TaxSlayer, LLC. All rights are reserved.
15. Miscellaneous. The Drawing and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Georgia, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of TaxSlayer, which are final and binding in all respects. TaxSlayer reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Drawing or any entrant's participation in the Drawing should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond TaxSlayer’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Drawing, or TaxSlayer otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Drawing as planned. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TaxSlayer reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Drawing at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Drawing; tamper with the operation of the Drawing or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to TaxSlayer, the Drawing, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in TaxSlayer's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Drawing. TaxSlayer reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Drawing. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Drawing, please e-mail them to email@example.com or send written questions to TaxSlayer Drawing, 3003 Allen Drive, Evans, GA 30809.
16. Sponsor: TaxSlayer, LLC., 3003 Allen Drive, Evans, GA 30809.