Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Indiana

Credit for Contributions Made to Indiana Colleges & Universities

If you donated money or property to an Indiana college or university, you may be able to take a credit of up to $100 on a single return or $200 on a joint return. To claim this credit you must complete and enclose Schedule CC-40. For additional information about this credit, please see Income Tax Information Bulletin #14.

IMPORTANT: You must maintain documentation of your contributions. The Department can require you to provide this information at a later date.

Note: Tuition paid to a college or university is not a contributions, and does not qualify for this credit.