Filing your taxes goes faster when your information – at least some of it – is already in your current return the moment you sit down to file.
If you slay your taxes with TaxSlayer year after year, you have the option to pull important numbers forward that may not have changed, like how many dependents you are claiming, W-2 items, Schedules C, D, E and F; bank account details, state refund info, and more.
How to Pull Prior-Year Information on TaxSlayer:
- Log in to your account with the same username you used last year.
- Select Classic, Premium, Self-Employed, or Ultimate Edition.
- Begin entering your information for the current tax year.
- When you are prompted, choose the option to “Pull Data to Current Return.”
Prior Year PIN an Adjusted Gross Income
If you e-filed your return with TaxSlayer last year, your prior year PIN and your prior year Adjusted Gross Income will both be pulled forward. These are what you use to e-sign your tax return. Learn more about AGI and prior year PIN here.
Withholdings and Income
Certain figures, like your income and your withholdings, change from year to year. For that reason, these numbers are not pulled forward from last year’s return.
How to Print a Copy of Your Prior-Year Return
- Go to “My Account”.
- Click on the “Prior Year” tab.
- Select “View or Print Return” next to the return you would like to print.
Switching to TaxSlayer
When you switch to TaxSlayer from another provider, you may not have access to your prior year PIN or AGI. In that case, you will need to go to the IRS website and request an Alternate PIN (this only takes about a minute). You can put the new number in the spot that says Prior Year PIN. Be sure to check the box for alternate PIN before you continue.
If you don’t have last year’s AGI, you can find it easily through the IRS’s Get Transcript Online tool.