While the majority of Americans get a tax refund from the Internal Revenue Service each year, there are many taxpayers who owe and some who can’t pay the tax all at once. The IRS has a number of ways for people to pay their tax bill.
How do I pay now?
Use a safe and convenient electronic payment option or send your payment. You can pay the IRS your tax bill by:
What if I can’t pay now?
Learn about IRS programs designed to help you meet your tax obligations without causing additional hardship:
· Installment Agreement – Allows you to pay your taxes over time, if you qualify.
· Offer in Compromise – Allows you to settle for less than you actually owe, if you meet strict requirements.
What if I don’t pay?
The IRS is legally required to take certain steps to collect your balance due account.
· Your refund can be used to offset your bill.
· A federal tax lien can be filed against your property.
· Your salary/accounts can be seized through a tax levy .
· You can be served a summons to provide information.