Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Prior Year Returns

How do I obtain a copy of a prior year return?

This option is available for customers.


Returns prior to 2013 are not available through our system.


If you electronically filed your return with us previously you will be able to print a copy of your return by selecting the "Prior Year" tab on the Your Account page. You will then need to click on "View or Print Return" next to the return you need to print or view. If your return was never e-filed and accepted, we will be unable to provide a copy in PDF format.


If you do not remember your username or password and your email address has changed or is deactivated, you can use request a change of email address by completing the form at the following link - Click here and then complete and fax the form to us at 706-868-2326.  You can also attach the E-mail Change Request Form in and e-mail and send to  Be sure to include a valid form of ID. If you do not know the old email address associated with the account please include two forms of identification. If the account is a married filing joint account identification must be included for both the taxpayer and the spouse.


You can also request a copy of your prior year return directly from the IRS. Copies of prior year federal returns can be obtained through the IRS - however there is a cost as opposed to our regulations, we provide it for free.


The following article is from the IRS' website:


Copy of Your Tax Return – How to Get One

If you need an actual copy of your return, you should complete and mail Form 4506 (PDF), Request for Copy of Tax Return along with a check or money order for $ 50.00 per tax year made payable to the "United States Treasury". Allow 60 calendar days to receive your copies.


Most needs for tax return information can be met with a tax return transcript or a tax account transcript, rather than an actual copy of the return. The tax return transcript shows information from the return as it was originally filed. A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either the taxpayer or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. The IRS can provide transcripts for many returns free of charge. These transcripts may be acceptable substitutes for an actual copy of the return by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services and lending agencies for student loans and mortgages. Check with your agency or lender to be sure.


You can obtain a transcript online, by calling (800)–908–9946 or by completing and mailing Form 4506-T (PDF), Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to the address listed in the instructions to request all types of transcript verification of non-filing, and wage/income information.


Transcripts will be emailed or mailed directly to you. Transcripts can be mailed to a third party if you specify this on Form 4506–T. However, you must sign and date the form giving your consent for the disclosure.