Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State

A Pennsylvania resident can receive a credit for income tax paid to another state or country when the other state or country imposes its tax on income also subject to PA Personal Income Tax in the same taxable year. For example, a PA resident who earns wages in Delaware, and pays Delaware income tax can claim a credit for the tax imposed by Delaware on his/her compensation.

TaxSlayer will automatically calculate this credit for your Pennsylvania Resident return when you add the other Nonresident state return to your TaxSlayer account. If the other state return is a Part-Year Resident return, you will be required to enter the information asked of you within the state return.

For additional information pertaining to this credit, please see PA-40-G-S.