Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Rhode Island

Rhode Island Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State

A Rhode Island resident (full-year or part-year) can receive a credit for income tax paid to another state or country when the other state or country imposes its tax on income also subject to RI Personal Income Tax in the same taxable year.


TaxSlayer will automatically calculate this credit for your Rhode Island Resident return when you add the other Nonresident state return to your TaxSlayer account. If the other state return is a Part-Year Resident return, you will be required to enter the information asked of you within the state return.


For additional information regarding RI Credits, please see the following link to access the instructions for RI.