Wisconsin Reject Codes LEGACY
WISCONSIN REJECT CODES
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE: (608) 266-2772
Code Form Field Rejection Description
001 All 300-1 Duplicate return - already a current year return on file
002 All Invalid Byte count or field size/type.
005 1 300-1 Form Code must be a ‘1’
007 All 050-1 Invalid EFIN - Not numeric or all zeroes
008 All 050-1 Invalid ETIN - Not numeric or all zeroes
010 All 060-1 Taxpayer Last Name is blank
015 All 070-1 Taxpayer First Name is blank
020 All 000-5 Taxpayer SSN must equal the Federal Primary SSN
025 All 075 Address is blank
030 All 085 City is blank
035 All 095 Invalid State Abbreviation
040 All 100 Zip Code not numeric
045 All 300-5 Taxpayer Campaign Fund not equal to ‘ ‘ or ‘X’
047 All 300-6 Spouse Campaign Fund not equal to ‘ ‘ or ‘X’
050 1 300-2 City, Village, or Township code must equal ‘C’, or ‘V’, or ‘T’
055 1 300-3 Municipality is blank
060 1 105 County is blank
065 1 300-4 School Code must be numeric
070 1 415 When Rent Credit is claimed then Rent Paid (405) or (410) must be
greater than zero
075 1 425 When Property Tax Credit is claimed then Taxes Paid (420) must be
greater than zero
080 1 545 When a Refund Amount is claimed then Amount Owed (550) must be zero
085 1 550 When an Amount Owed is claimed then Estimated Tax Offset (555) must be
104 Filing status is Married Filing Joint so Spouse Last Name cannot be blank
105 All 070-2 Filing as Married - Spouse First Name missing
106 All 055 Filing as Married - Spouse SSN missing
111 All 300-7 Filing Status must be ‘1’, or ‘2’ or ‘3’ or ‘4’
160 1 535 When Farmland Tax Relief Credit is claimed then Taxes Paid (530) must
be greater than zero
195 All Invalid Entry
205 1 300-7 When Married Couple Credit is claimed Filing Status must be a ‘2’
210 1, 1A 450 Married Couple Credit must be equal to what is computed on the schedule
220 1, 1A Math error on the Married Couple Credit Schedule
225 All 1800 Married Couple Credit is greater than $480
655 1 400 WI Itemized Deduction Credit must equal WI Sch 3 Credit (1680)
656 Moved out of WI before end of Tax Year - Must include Legal Residence
657 Income of only wages, interest, & dividends is allowed on Form 1NPR
658 Residence status is missing for one or both of the filers on a joint Form 1NPR
659 Residence status is missing for the filers on a single Form 1NPR
660 Dates filer lived in WI are missing on a return where one or both filers are part
year residents on Form 1NPR
661 The state code is missing on a non-resident return on Form 1 NPR
662 The date format is incorrect on Form 1 NPR
663 The state code is mising when Net Tax Paid to Another State credit is claimed
on Form 1
664 Schedule OS is missing the state code
665 Veteran's Credit is claimed on a Form 1 along with another type of property tax
credit such as school property tax credit, Homestead credit, farmland
preservation credit, or farmland tax relief credit. Only one is allowed
666 The underpayment interes (UPI) box is filled with an incorrect value. Only the
numbers 2 through 9 or blank are acceptable
667 The bank account number is missing on a return that has selected electronic
payment or deposit
950 Schedule I (Adjustment to Convert 2009 FAGI and Itemized deductions to Amounts Allowable for Wisconsin is required to report uneployment compensation.
951 FAGI reported on Wisconsin return must be adjusted to add back umemployment compensation not taxed on the federal return.
956 When Federal Adjusted Gross Income (Form 1040 or 1040A, Field 750) does not equal Form 1, Field 565, there must be a Schedule I. Schedule I, line 1 (Field 200) does not equal Federal Adjusted Gross Income (Form 1040 or 1040A, Field 750).
960 1 665 Field 665 must equal the sum of fields 785, 790, 795, 800 and 805
961 1 785etc When any of fields 785, 790, 795, 800 or 805 is greater than zero, the
corresponding code filed must be filled in
962 1NPR 320-8 Full-year resident or part-year resident can not e-file 1NPR NEW
963 1NPR 320-9 Only non-residents from reciprocal states (IL, IN, KY, MI, and MN) may
964 1NPR 900 Wisconsin wages, salaries, tips, etc (line 1) must not be greater than
965 1NPR 495 Wisconsin withholding must be equal to the requested refund
966 1NPR 690 Refund must be equal to the Wisconsin withholding
967 1 Development Zones Credits (line 30c) being claimed, no Schedule DC filed
968 1 Historic Rehabilitation Credits (line 23) being claimed, no Schedule HR filed
969 1 Technology Zone Credit (line 30d) being claimed, no Schedule TC filed
970 Net Tax Paid to Another State Credit (line 30h) claimed, no Schedule OS-E
971 The state box (line 30h) does not agree with thte number of columns filled in on
976 H 125 Age is less than 18, claimant does not qualify.
977 H 130 Answer is no, claimant does not qualify.
978 H 135 Answer is yes, and claimant is less than 62, claimant does no qualify.
979 H Claimant does not qualify; age is less than 62, and claimed as dependent on
980 H 140/145 Both questions are answered yes, claimant does not qualify.
981 H Household income greater than 24,499. No credit available.
982 1, H A Sch FC and H cannot both be filed
983 H 460 Twelve months is entered, Schedule 3 should not be completed.
984 H When more than one tax bill exists, the number of acres, assessed value
of land, and net taxes must be provided for each tax bill.
985 H The year, owner(s), owner type, property address, assessed land and
improvement value and acres (when more than one) must be provided. If
entries are from a personal property tax bill with no assessed land
value, the land value may be zero but Homestead Note #14 must be checked.
986 1, 1A Sch H is present, but no credit shown on homestead credit line of Form 1 or 1A.
987 H Sale of home is indicated and information is missing. Necessary
information includes date home was sold, name and type of seller(s), property
address, selling price, expense of sale (if any), adjusted basis of home,
and sold home date of occupancy.
988 H Owner type is self and/or spouse and other, ownership percent missing.
989 H Seller owner type is self and/or spouse and other, ownership percent missing.
990 All A State only return filed without a complete federal record.
991 1, 1A Homestead credit being claimed, no Schedule H filed.
992 1, 1A Schedule H filed, but missing a Rent Certificate or Property Tax Bill.
993 1 Return was filed “married filing separate”. Spouse Name and SSN missing.
995 All Direct Debit routing transit number is invalid.
996 All Direct Debit payment date is blank.
997 All Direct Debit payment date is invalid. Must be no later than April 15th
for timely returns and no later than submission date for late and extensions rturns.
998 All Test return
999 All EFIN failed suitability testing.
The state also gives the following reasons why an electronically filed return will be rejected:
1) Duplicate returns
2) Test returns
3) Returns sent by preparers who are not authorized as a Wisconsin ERO
4) Record could not be processed or formatted
5) State-Only return filed without federal information in the unformatted record Federal/State Electronic Filing of Individual Income Tax Returns 9
6) Taxpayer Last Name is blank
7) Taxpayer First Name is blank
8) Taxpayer SSN is not equal to the Federal Primary SSN
9) Address is blank
10) City is blank
11) Filing as Married – Spouse First Name missing
12) Filing as Married – Spouse SSN missing
13) Form 1, field 665 must equal the sum of fields 785, 790, 795, 800 and 805
14) Form 1, when any of the fields 785, 790, 795, 800, or 805 is greater than zero, the corresponding code filed must be filled in
15) Form 1NPR, full-year resident or part-year resident can not e-filed
16) Form 1NPR, only non-residents from reciprocal states (IL, IN, KY, MI, and MN) may e-file 1NPR.
17) Form 1NPR, Wisconsin wages, salaries, tips, etc (line 1) must not be greater than zero.
18) Form 1NPR, Wisconsin withholding must be equal to the requested refund.
19) Form 1NPR, refund must be equal to the Wisconsin withholding.
20) Form 1, development zone credit (line 30c) being claimed, no Schedule DC filed.
21) Form 1, historic rehabilitation credit (line 23) being claimed, no Schedule HR filed.
22) Form 1 technology zone credit (line 30d) being claimed, no Schedule TC filed.
23) Schedule H, a Schedule H and Schedule FC cannot both be filed
24) Schedule H, Schedule 3 should not be completed if number of months on line 5 is twelve.
25) Schedule H, when more than one tax bill exists, number of acres and assessed value of land must be provided for each tax bill
26) Schedule H, not all of the needed property tax bill information is provided
27) Schedule H, homestead credit amount is not claimed on Form 1 or Form 1A
28) Schedule H, missing seller’s closing statement information, dates of occupancy, and/or selling price, expense of sale and adjusted basis of home sold
29) Schedule H, ownership percentage missing when ownership type is self and/or spouse and other
30) Schedule H, ownership percentage missing when seller ownership type is and/or spouse and other
31) Homestead Credit is claimed, and no Schedule H is attached
32) Schedule H is filed, and a rent certificate or property tax bill is missing
33) Schedule H line 1a, age is less than 18, claimant does not qualify
34) Schedule H, line 2, answer is no, claimant does not qualify
35) Schedule H, line 3, answer is yes, and claimant is less than 62, claimant does not qualify
36) Schedule H, age is less than 62, and claimed as dependent on tax return, claimant does not qualify Publication 115 10
37) Schedule H, line 4a and 4b, both questions are answered yes, claimant does not qualify
38) Schedule H, household income greater than 24,499 - No credit available
39) Filing status is married filing separately, and spouse name and/or SSN is missing
40) Direct Debit routing transit number is invalid
41) Direct Debit payment date is blank
42) Direct Debit payment date is invalid. Must be no later than April 16th for timely returns and no later than submission date for later and extension returns.