Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Federal

Other State Witholdings

Generally, you would only enter withholdings in the Other State Withholdings section of your account if you had withholdings on a form (like a 1099) that you were not able to enter elsewhere in the program. Generally, you would only report an amount here if you have an amount listed on the Form 1099-B - Box 16.

* Though there are exceptions and a few other circumstances when you would do this, most taxpayers will not need to enter an amount for Other Withholdings.


TaxSlayer Entry: To report these other withholdings, please log into your TaxSlayer account and select Federal Section >> Payments & Estimates >> Other State Withholdings.

Note: If you enter a withholding amount here that is already listed in the program this will cause your return calculations to be incorrect. In turn, an incorrect entry for withholdings could result in your state adjusting your refund amount and delaying your refund.