Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Payment Information

Is there any way I can pay for my e-file without using a credit card?

If you have a tax bill our program requires you to pay for your preparation fees by debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover); however, we do offer an alternative if you are expecting a refund on your federal return. If you are expecting a refund from your federal return, in many cases you can choose the refund option of "File and Go" (formerly known as Bank Refund Transfer) and your filing fees can be deducted from your refund. Your federal refund must be able to cover filing fees as well as any additional fees.

This option may incur a separate fee imposed by the third-party Refund Transfer Bank.


If the IRS does not issue the refund and the bank cannot recover the tax preparation fees, we reserve the right to have the fees deducted from the account indicated in the agreement. For more information about this, review the agreement as listed in your account.


Tax Preparation fees are for the preparation of the tax forms and not for e-filing. Our program does not charge extra to e-file the returns. If your return is rejected and you are required to print and mail the return(s), the preparation fees remain the same.


If you have an amount due to the IRS, you must pay your preparation fee up front by debit/credit card. If you do not have a debit/credit card that you can use (your family member's, friend's, prepaid card etc.), then unfortunately at this time we do not have another way for you to pay for your preparation fees.