Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: General Questions

Is there any way I can pay for my e-file without using a credit card?

TaxSlayer requires you to pay for your preparation fees by debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover); however, we do offer an alternative if you are expecting a refund on your federal return. If you are expecting a refund from your federal return, in many cases you can choose the refund option of "RT Bank" (Refund Transfer Bank) and your e-file fee can be deducted from your refund. For more information about this, click here.


If you have an amount due to the IRS, you must pay your preparation fee up front by debit/credit card. If you do not have a debit/credit card that you can use (yours, family member's, friend's, etc.), then unfortunately at this time TaxSlayer does not have a way for you to pay for your preparation fees.


Note: Your federal refund must be able to cover TaxSlayer fees as well as any additional fees.


Note: Preparation fees includes the use of our forms as well as electronic filing fees of your TaxSlayer return.