Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Deductions

Interest You Paid - What to do when Interest is NOT Reported on Form 1098

If you did not receive a Form 1098 from the bank or mortgage company you paid interest to, contact them to get a 1098 form issued.

If you purchased the home from an individual and paid the interest directly to them, use this section to report the amount you paid and record the individual's information. You are required to report that recipient's name, Social Security Number, and address when deducting this mortgage interest on your return.