Category: My Account Page
My Account Page Information
The "My Account" page is the first screen you come to when you log on to your TaxSlayer account. From this page you can:
1. Check your email- with us by clicking on the "Mailbox" icon located in the top right corner of the page to go to the "Message Center". To correspond with us click on the "Help & Support" link to send us an e-mail.
2. Log out- click on the "Save & Log Out" link located in the drop down menu next to your name. Click on the down arrow or your name for the menu to appear. Select "Save & Log Out". You may also "Save and Log Out" from the upper right corner next to your name by clicking on the page and arrow icon.
3. Update your account information- click on the "Account Info" link from the drop down menu next to your name or from the middle of the "My Account" page click on the "Account Info" tab. Click on the down arrow or your name for the menu to appear and select "Account Info". This is where you will be able to edit your current mailing address, email address, password and/or security question. (You cannot edit your Username once it is created.)
4. Access your Prior Year Return or Start a New Return for the prior tax year (you can also access accepted prior year returns within three years of the current tax year) by clicking on the " Prior Years" tab.
5. Contact us - located in the upper right hand corner select "Help & Support". This displays support hours, phone number, the option to send us an e-mail or the ability to search our Knowledge Base for answers to your questions. If you are a Premium user, you can also chat with us or ask a tax professional question.
6. Sign up for Text Messaging -TaxSlayer will text the status of your return right to your phone once the acknowledgement is received. To sign up, click on the down arrow (next to your name) for the menu to appear. Select "Text Messaging Alerts".
7. Manage Account - By clicking on the "Transaction History" link located in the drop down menu next to your name or from "Transaction History" tab on "My Account" you can see your account charges, banking information, IRS payment information, and deactivate your return. Click on the down arrow or your name for the menu to appear and then select "Transaction History" then you may access the information you would like to see.
8. Deactivate your account - By clicking on the "Transaction History" link located in the drop down menu next to your name or from the "Transaction History" tab located in the middle of the "My Account" page you have the ability to deactivate your account. You must select a reason for the deactivation and then select "Clear your return and restart". (This can only be done if you have not made a payment and/or filed a return.)
9. Check the Status of your Return(s) - The "Return Status" tab will track your return(s) (both federal and state, if applicable) once they have been created, e-filed, accepted or rejected (and why they were rejected).
10. Track your Federal Refund Status - "Return Status" shows if your Federal return is accepted and you are receiving a refund, TaxSlayer provides a direct link to the IRS "Where's My Refund" tracker so you can monitor your Federal refund status.
11. Print accepted return(s) - Once the "Return Status" shows your Federal and/or State return(s) as "Created > E-Filed > Accepted", a printer icon will be available for easy access of printing your accepted return(s) to keep for your records.
12. TaxSlayer Knowledge Base - To access this feature you will select the "Help & Support " tab on the right hand corner of the program. You will have direct access to the TaxSlayer Knowledge Base by typing a question, phrase, or keyword within the search bar located on the right side of the page. You may also access the Knowledge Base via "Helpful Tools" from the drop down menu next to your name.