Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Federal Military Filing Info

How do military personnel list an AP, AA, or AE address?

If you are in the military and your current address is listed as an AP, AA, AE, APO or FPO address, you can still e-file your return through TaxSlayer.


To do so:

From the "Your Account" page of your return, select  "Basic Information" followed by "Personal Information" then proceed to fill out your Name, Address, Age and Occupation. When you get to the "State" entry block in the address section, you will use the drop-down menu to select AP, AA or AE. You will also need to check the box that states, "Check here if Stateside Military address".


AA - Armed Forces (the) Americas

AE - Armed Forces Europe

AP - Armed Forces Pacific

APO - Army Post Office (U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force)

FPO - Fleet Post Office (U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps)