Start For Free
Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!
Category: Preguntas Generales
Troubleshooting tips if you are having problems accessing your account or keep getting logged off
- Are you using a Windows Operating System? If so, please make sure your IE (Internet Explorer) is at least 9.0 or higher.
- Did you select the Internet “E” from your desktop to access the internet? If you used an alternate button such as AOL or the MSN butterfly (or a special shortcut that your internet provider gave you) these buttons actually access an older IE version that is no longer supported by Microsoft.
- If you do not have an “E” on your desktop, you will have it in your programs list. You can access it by selecting the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen. (It may read as START).
- If you are sure that you are using the current access link please make sure all of your others windows are closed, and then from the TaxSlayer account hit the F12 key on your keyboard. This will open a new screen where you can check the “Browser Mode” or “Document Mode.” Make sure both of these are 9.0 or higher.
- If you are still having problems it may be that your security setting is too high.
- In the upper left (or wherever located on your screen) select “Tools” or the tools icon and go to Internet Options from the menu bar. Select “Security” and it should not be higher than “Med-High”.
- While here, delete your cookies as well.
- Your Firewall and/or Anti-virus Software could also be causing the issue.
- Turn off your Firewall by going to the Control Panel (accessed from the menu that pops up when selecting the Windows Icon or Start Button in the lower left corner) > Security > turn off the Firewall. If you have Antivirus (such as Norton or MacAfee turn that off as well.
- Once you have accessed and completed your return (or submitted your return) you will need to turn your Firewalls and Antivirus software back on.