Category: Password/Username Issues
I can not remember my username and/or password. What should I do?
If you forgot your username for logging into your account, go back to the TaxSlayer homepage and click the Secure Sign In on the right side of the page. On the next page, click the "Forgot Username" link. You can then enter the email address that is linked to the account and we will email you all the usernames associated with that email address.
For security reasons, we can only send information about your return to the email address listed on the TaxSlayer account. If you do not have access to the email address listed on the TaxSlayer account, Click here.
If you do not remember your password, please go to TaxSlayer and click "Forgot Password". Enter your username, email address, and Primary Taxpayer's Social Security Number on the page that opens and click "Continue". Then:
1. If you remember the answer to your security question, enter it in the field provided and click "Continue". You will then be allowed to reset your password.
2. If you do not remember the answer to your security question, click the "Verify a Security Code" followed by the “Send Code” button. A code will then be sent in an email to your email address. Retrieve the code and return to the TaxSlayer “Forgot Password?” process. Enter the code within the “Forgot Password?” process and you will be allowed to reset your password. NOTE: The code is not a new password. You must return to the “Forgot Password?” process and reset your password.
Password criteria must meet the following requirements:
* Be between 8 and 16 characters
* At least one lower case letter
* At least one upper case letter
* At least one number
* At least one of the following special characters (above numbers 1 through 8) listed below:
! @ # $ % ^ & *
For video assistance, please click here.