Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!
Help Categories

What If I Owe Money to the IRS?

Ten Tips for Taxpayers Who Owe Money to the IRS While the majority of Americans get a tax refund from the Internal Revenue Service each year, there are many taxpayers who owe and some who can’t pay the tax all at once. The IRS has a number

Four Ways to Pay Your Federal Income Tax

payments by check, money order, credit card, or payroll deduction installment agreement has increased to $120 (from $105). If you can pay the full amount you owe within 120 days, call 1-800-829-1040 to establish your request to pay in full

Military Basic Pay

Some taxpayers who qualify as military personnel stationed inside or outside Virginia and who are on extended active duty for more than 90 days can subtract up to $15,000 of military basic pay received during the taxable year

Who must pay estimated taxes?

If you had a tax liability for the previous tax year, you may have to pay estimated tax for the current tax year. General Rule You must pay estimated tax for the current tax year if both of the following apply. You expect to owe at least

Military Pay Attributable to Service in a Combat Zone

Enter any military pay and allowances earned while serving by the order of the President of the United States with the consent of Congress in a combat zone or qualified hazardous duty area treated as a combat zone for federal tax purposes

Military Pay Exclusion - Combat Zone Service

to a combat zone or you qualify for hostile fire/imminent danger pay while in a combat zone. Service in a combat zone includes any periods you are absent from duty because of sickness, wounds, or leave. If, as a result of serving in a combat zone

How do I pay the amount I owe?

payment processor (Value Payment Systems) to make paying your Federal balance that much easier, directly through your account! During the e-file process, select "Credit or Debit Card" when asked how you would like to pay your Federal

How do I pay my state amount due?

If you filed electronically and need to make a payment, you have the following payment options: (options vary depending on the state you filed with) Pay by ACH debit using the e-File and e-Pay system. You do not need to be registered

Can I pay my Federal Balance Due with a Credit Card?

It is possible to pay your tax due by credit card by contacting one of several IRS authorized third party companies. The IRS has several trusted companies that they have approved to process tax payments for them. Each company has their own

Making Work Pay Credit Offers Tax Savings Up to $800

This credit is automatically calculated within your TaxSlayer account based on your filing status and earned income. For tax years 2009 & 2010, the Making Work Pay Credit helps millions of workers and self-employed individuals