Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!
Help Categories

Troubleshooting tips if you are having problems accessing your account or keep getting logged off

1. Are you using a Windows Operating System? If so, please make sure your IE ( Internet Explorer ) is at least 10.0 or higher. 2. Did you select the Internet “E” from your desktop to access the Internet? If you used an alternate button such as AOL or the MSN butterfly (or a special shortcut that your Internet provider gave you) these buttons actually access an older IE version that is no longer supported by Microsoft. * If you do not have an “E” on your desktop, you will have it in your programs list. You can access it by selecting the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen. ( It may read as START ). * If you are sure that you are using the current access link please make sure all of your others windows are closed, and then from the TaxSlayer account hit the F12 key on your keyboard. This will open a new screen where you can check the “Browser Mode” or “Document Mode.” Make sure both of these are 10.0 or higher. 3. If you are still having problems it may be that your security setting is too high. * In the upper left (or wherever located on your screen) select “Tools” or the tools icon and go to 'Internet Options' from the menu bar. Select “Security” and it should not be higher than “Med-High”. * While here, delete your cookies as well. 4. Your Firewall and/or Anti-virus Software could also be causing the issue.Once you have accessed and completed your return (or submitted your return) you will need to turn your Firewalls and Antivirus software back on. * Turn off your Firewall by going to the Control Panel (accessed from the menu that pops up when selecting the Windows Icon or Start Button in the lower left corner) > Security > turn off the Firewall. If you have Antivirus (such as Norton or MacAfee) turn that off as well. 5. Once you have accessed and completed your return (or submitted your return) you will need to turn your Firewalls and Antivirus software back on.

Tax on Unreported Tip Income (Form 4137)

For 2016, the maximum wages and tips subject to social security tax increased to $118,500. The social security tax rate an employee must pay on tips remains at 6.2%. Who must file Form 4137 Social Security and Medicare Tax on Unreported

Illinois NonResident and Part Year Deductible IRA Contributions

. ________________________ / __________________________ = ________________________ Wages, salaries, tips, earned income received from an Illinois source Wages, salaries, tips, earned income received from all sources Illinois Income (II) decimal ________________________ X

Tax Information for Students with Summer Jobs (or any job)

. It is very important to complete your W-4 form correctly so your employer withholds the right amount of taxes. You can use the IRS Withholding Calculator tool to help you fill out your W-4 form. 2. If you will receive tips as part of your income (i

How do I choose the 1040-EZ, 1040-A or 1040 form?

on January 1, 2016, and not blind at the end of 2015 6. Your taxable income is less than $100,000 7. You had only wages, salaries, tips, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, unemployment compensation, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends

Massachusetts Additions to Income

Allocated Tips (From box 8 of your W-2) Income earned by a Massachusetts resident in another state is subject to taxation in Massachusetts. Generally, your total wages and allocated tips will be the same amount reported on your U.S. 1040

West Virginia Low-Income Earned Income Exclusion

as a dependent on someone else’s return. Earned Income includes wages, salaries, tips and other employee compensation. Earned Income also includes any net taxable earnings from self-employment reported on the federal Schedule C. Earned

W-2 - Information about Box 12

The following list explains the codes shown in box 12 on the W-2. Box 12 Code Description A Uncollected Social Security or RRTA tax on tips B Uncollected Medicare tax on tips C Taxable cost of group-term life insurance over $50,000 D

Indiana Credit for Taxes Paid to Other States

is a Part-Year return, you will be required to manually enter the income taxed by Indiana and the other state as well as the "total tax" on the other state return. Group B - Reciprocal Agreement (Wages, Salaries, Tips, and Commissions Only

Life events that may have a significant tax impact

, Divorced or Separated Individuals/Alimony Publication 555 , Community Property Seniors Tax Tips For Seniors FAQs for Seniors Job Loss or Starting a new Career or Job Publication 4128, Tax Impact of Job Loss Unemployment - Tips Publication