Start For Free

Fast, Secure, and Always Accurate!

Back to List

Category: Finding Deductions

What if I paid for mortgage insurance but did not get a Form 1098?

If you did not receive a Form 1098 but you did in fact pay mortgage insurance, you would need to contact the mortgage insurance issuer to determine the deductible amount.  Examples of mortgage insurance issuers include: 

* the Department of Veterans Affairs,

* the Federal Housing Administration

* the Rural Housing Service


Mortgage insurance provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Rural Housing Service is commonly known as a funding fee and guarantee fee respectively.